Tuesday, July 8, 2008

laying down tracks

last night the band and i (well, i guess i should just say the band cos i am technically included in that group) recorded with the Omega Studios student engineer program. it went alright. we were pretty tight due to our general awesomeness and the fact we’d played the song we were recording about 50 million times the day before, so we got the recording done with only one major gaffe (my fault). i did my vox in one take (cos i rock that way) and surprisingly, i’m pretty happy with them. usually i hate my vox but they sounded energetic and song-appropriate, and i couldn’t really hear much i would change if i did it again. of course, the guys all did really well (as usual). so all in all it was a fair success.

we had played the song all afternoon on sunday trying to get a video take of it. the results are posted on YouTube — you can search “Bette Noir”; the songs are “Sunburn” and “Blonde.” i have learned a LOT about my image/performance from watching the multiple takes.

• lesson 1: lose weight. the video camera on my laptop does not add 10 pounds. that extra doughnut adds 10 pounds.
• lesson 2: open my dang eyes more/squint less.
• lesson 3: my boobs jiggle a helluva lot more than i imagined they did/could.

No comments: