Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Present! and another Rockvillain

first, the Rockvillain. i walked out to my car after work late one evening, and the lot was mostly empty. by coincidence (i assume coincidence, the alternative would be way too creepy for me to handle) there was a car parked facing mine in the lot, and the driver of said car happened to be not too far behind me, walking to the vehicles. i stopped at my passenger side first, to unload my bags, and saw her lights flash as she hit the unlock button on her key, and then she reached her car.

this is where it gets weird. she opens her door, and i stand up, having finished with my bags. then she says “i guess we could’ve carpooled.” i laugh, thinking it’s a joke, except she isn’t smiling. her voice isn’t conveying jocularity. i walk around to my driver’s side and get in... and realize she has Maryland plates. i have Virginia plates. NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE.

i chalked it up to a weak attempt (but at least, an attempt) at humour, used in place of the general ignoring people mode of fashion. but afterward, it seemed a little odd... i was in Rockville, though.

----------------------

secondly, and more importantly, Pants got me a present! he ordered it and didn’t tell me. i was there on the day the box came, and he pretended it was something else and wouldn’t let me see what he got, and put it in his closet. i looked pouty, so he told me it was a present for me, and i thought he was teasing me so i looked poutier. pouty face is my usual tactic, and while i think i do pouty very well, most boys i go out with are a little smarter than that so it doesn’t work all the time. but it worked this time, and he said i could get the box and open it. after a gleeful jig, i ran for the box and opened up a new iTrip transmitter.

now, you may think that’s not particularly romantic. but to me, it shows that he listens (cos i mentioned how my old one was wasting away), and thinks of me when i’m not even there to make him think of me. and then he buys me things. not fancy things, practical things, but not so practical they’re necessary...

it’s that special combination of not seeming like he’s trying, but still doing nice things.

i got a present! hee hee hee!

No comments: