Monday, April 23, 2007

Mmmm, Waxy!

Shelly, the nice older Taiwanese lady, waxed me up something good. i think i expect too much from waxing, though, as i'm always disappointed with the results. but Shelly was good, so maybe i'll keep trying.
the real reason i like Shelly, tho, is that she asked about my eyebrows, and when i said, no, i don't get them waxed, i think she said, no, they look good, you don't need to wax them. a vast improvement from the usual line i get from manicurists --
them: "you need wax eyebrows?"
me: "no, thanks."
them: "sure?"
me: "no, really."

later,
them: "you want eyebrow wax?"
me: "no, thanks."

i always feel they're hinting. but i like my eyebrows. i think i do a decent job on them. i don't want them waxed. i try to console myself with the thought that they are just upselling. but, as a blossoming girly-girl, i can't help but feel a little self-conscious.

so Shelly is for me, for all my grooming needs, from now on. plus, she's right next door to where i work.

No comments: