Monday, January 12, 2009

where do i work, again?

i woke up this morning about 6:30. this was because i forcibly broke myself away from a nightmare that was becoming extremely distressing, and thankfully that little part of my brain that says “yo, this ain’t right” kicked in and awoke me.

i was having a horrible, horrible work nightmare. i don’t usually have work nightmares, so i’m still not quite sure what triggered this one. but the gist was, i was at the Jewish Week (my last job), helping out. except the new guy had royally f*ed up some stuff, and he was nowhere to be found. so i was working my little mitts off, trying to get things squared away... except i was also working at the New Job (hereinafter referred to as the Robots). so apparently i had stopped in at the JeWeek to help out, got caught up, looked at the clock and it was 5:11 p.m. -- i had missed the entire day at Robot work. no one had called to ask where i was, and i had the most terrible feeling in my gut, not knowing what to do...

and then i woke myself up. which leads me to question why the hell i’m having nightmares about a place i don’t even work at anymore.

No comments: