Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Defending My Honour.

i went up to see the maternal family (sans the actual maternal unit, still residing in Fla.) for xmas. drove 8 hours xmas eve, got up at 9:15 and started eating by 10am xmas day. left at 4am december 26 to my aunt asking "are you sure you don't want me to fix you anything to eat?"

the highlight of my trip came after xmas dinner at my grandmother's house. i had been very careful to not eat excessively; that has been a regular regret nearly every trip. well, it *is* home cooking, after all... how can there be such a thing as too much? anyway, my other aunt, Shirley, asked which pie i would like. i replied that any pie would suffice -- she made like 7 different ones. she jokingly brought a chocolate cream pie to me, complete and whole in its tin (i believe it's called a chocolate cream pie -- it's basically thick chocolate pudding in a crust with whipped cream on top, and chocolate shavings on that if you go the extra mile). i chuckled and accepted the pie, asking for my fork, which she brought. then i looked at her sincerely and said, you know, i will eat the whole thing. Shirley said "good!"

at this point, there was talk in the kitchen and my cousin John seemed to believe i could not finish the entire pie. there was nothing left but to defend my pie-eating honour.

i had to take a break about 7/10ths in to walk outside. but i finished the pie. John said it didn't count because i didn't eat all the whipped cream, but i think it did. besides, the whipped cream tickles my throat and started to make me feel like puking.

i am awesome.

No comments: