Friday, May 4, 2007

My Nails are DONE

Shelly, my waxy friend from Taiwan, just red-ed up my nails real good. actually, not REAL good -- it's not the best mani-pedi i ever got. but it's not the worst either, and it's definitely acceptable. the real reason i'm a sucker for Shelly is she's so unlike those catty little asian girls at the strip-mall joints i usually frequent. because instead of shaking her head and tsking my nail-biting, or asking if i need an eyebrow wax fifty times, or pushing my feet and hands around, she's nice. really. we talk, but we also don't talk, and she points out good things. like, my eyebrows look fine. or i have high arches. she doesn't make me feel ashamed i'm a nail-biter (and she had one mess to work on today).
and this, to me, is what makes a good person to go to for all those girly things.

No comments: